Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collin







I loved this book. It was a great end to Hunger Games trilogy. I have rates this book 5/5 stars as I did the previous 2 books, Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I think what I loved most about this book, Mockingjay< is that is took me by surprise. The end was not what I would have predicted to happen and although it was sad, it was nice to have it end different than what would have been expected. And all I have to say is that this book has a way of touching all emotions jsut as the first two books did. After coming around from the escape and rescue from the last games, Katniss is completely lost. She was saved by the rebels of District 13 in a plan the was kept fromher all along, but what hurts most is Peeta is gone and she has no idea if he is dead or alive. When the Capitol airs a t.v segment with an interview with Peeta, Katniss agrees to be the rebels Mockingjay, so she can attempt to save Peeta. As President Snow makes it clear that no one is safe and is angry, Katnis with District 13 behind her, leads the rebellion in fighting back as the Mockingjay. Katniss will not be satisfied in the end til Peeta is safe and well and she has killed Snow. Quotes: "Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!"

"Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear."

"My name is Katniss Everdeen. I am seventeen years old. My home is District 12. I was in the Hunger games. I escaped. The Capitol hates me."

No comments:

Post a Comment