Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Graceling by Kristin Cashore



I loved this book. I thought is was brilliant and completely captivating.
In a land of Seven Kingdoms, where there are those few that are born with extreme special skills, this is the story of one Lady Katsa, neice of the Middluns King Randa. Katsa is believed to be Gaced witht the talent to kill and has held that reputaion since the young age of eight.
Katsa thought her life would be nothing more than being the King's "thug" when punishment was to be handed out. That is until she met Prince Po. Prince Po changed everything in Katsa's life and as more and more questions come about, time reveals the sometimes overwhelming and shocking answers.

When I was reading this book I was swept away to another time and I loved it. I will say I love the character and the way the story was written. Katsa is amazing, but I will say Princess Bitterblue is my favourite in the book.

This book is recommended and I give a full 5 stars!!!!

Quotes:
(First line of the book):"In these dungeons the darkness was complete, but Katsa had a map i her mind."
"And then, with all her might, she focused her attention on the back of Po's head and screamed his name, inside her mind. He pulled on his reins so hard that his horse screeched and staggered and almost sat down. And he looked so startled and flabbergasted--and irritated--that she couldn't help it: She exploded with laughter."

"He ducked his head for a moment. He raised his eyes to her again."I'll give myself to you however you'll take me," ge said, so simply that Katsa found she wasn't embarrassed."

2 comments:

  1. i laughed so hard when i read the po flabbergasted quote! great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I did too. it was definately a LOL moment for the book. I would have to say it is my favourite part:)

    ReplyDelete