Friday, July 23, 2010

The Last Song by Nicolas Sparks



I decided to post my reveiw for this book because I watched the movie last night and I thought it would be a good one since in is in my top favourite books.
This book is absolutely fantastic. I love everything about it. I haven't read all of Sparks books but this is by far the best yet out of the ones I have read and would be pretty tough to top it.
I really enjoy the story because it isn't just about the love story but about a father and daughter getting close again. The writing style was great and I love that each chapter alternated between Ronnie (everyother chapter being the #1 main character) Will, Steve and a few short ones as Markus. This way you got p[arts of the story from a different persons point and got to read into the thoughts of the other characters that normally you wouldn't know unless they were the main person of interest.

Ronnie and her younger brother Jonah are being taken from NYC to Wrightsville Beach to spend the summer with their father. Although Jonah is excited, Ronnie wants nothing to do with her father and hasn't spoke to him in 3 years. When they first arrive, she spends as much time away from her father as possible and meets with Blaze and spends time her, her suppose to be boyfriend and friends who just don't give the right vibe to Ronnie.
When things go wrong and Ronnie stops hanging out with Blaze she meets up with Will again (the beach volley ball guy that spilled her soda on her the first day there) and the love begins to form, spending as much time together as possible.
Ronnies relationship wither her father also begins to change when she realizes that he wants nothing more than a realtionship with her.As the summer is ending, Ronnie comes to find another reason why her father wanted her and Jonah to spend the summer with him.

I would recommend this book for sure with a 5/5 stars rating from moi!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter loves this author and his books have helped her to want to read again. I'm glad about that.
    I haven't read The Last Song or seen the movie and from your review, it seems, I am missing out. I'll have to remedy that. :)

    ReplyDelete