Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thirteen Reason's Why by Jay Asher




So, I am still trying to figure things out so I am using an older book review of mine of one of my favourite books to play with. I believe this was also the first book review I ever wrote so it's short, but hope you enjoy!!!!

I could not stop reading this book. I felt almost like I was listening to the tapes and getting to the end of them I just wanted to cry for Hannah because she had all the signs and no one could see it to do anything to help. I think this is a book that everyone should read at some time especially kids just coming into high school so they know what kind of effects the small things have on other peoples lives. I even felt like yelling at some of the character's for what they did because they had no right or they were just plain blind. But all in all this is a top 10 book for me possibly even in the top 5.

Rated 5 Stars!!!

Published:October 18,2007 by Razorbill
Literary Awards:Florida Tenn Reads in 2007 & South Carloina Book Award for Young Adult Book Award in 2010

Book Description
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker—his classmate and crush—who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he’ll find out how he made the list.

Through Hannah and Clay’s dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.

1 comment:

  1. You've just sealed it for me, I need to read this book. Great job!
    My tip about blogging - I think short is best because you don't want to give too much away in a book review without warning them that it could be a "spoiler". Plus, blogging is meant to be written so it reads short. Just thought you'd like to know that you're doing it right! :)

    ReplyDelete