Friday, July 23, 2010

The Last Song - The Movie




So FINALLY watched The Last Song lastnight with my husband and best friend. I had been wanting to see it for so long and happy I didi watch it.
I really enjoyed the movie, although of course I loved the book much more.
I would like to start by commenting on the casting of the movie and I will start with the father, Steve, who was played by Greg Kinear. Kinear was the perfect actor for this role. Even before I watched the movie and I heard he played Steve, I instantly knew he was perfect for the role. Next would be Ronnie, played by Miley Cyrus, who i thought did a pretty good job by didn't really blow me away. I keep thinking there could have been someone slightly better for the role and I haven't quite figured out who I would pick for the role yet but whe I do I will let you know. And finally Will, played by Liam Hemsworth, I think did a pretty good job for my first time watching him. I don't really have anything outstanding to comment on him but I have nothing negative either. So all in all cast was pretty good for the main character's.

Now for the movie. I really did enjoy alot. It made me laugh out loud several times and made me cry, but not the hicupping, sobbing kind of cry. I thought the movie followed the book fairly well but of course there were changes. I was a little disappointed that the Reverend didn't play a role in the movie because I think he would have played an important supporting role for both Steve and Ronnie, but the movie made my good graces with out the role. I would recomend watching this movie for anyone who loves a good chick flick cause it has all the elements of making it a good movie...and it wasn't a long drawn out movie like some chick flicks can turn into.

My movie rating of this...I would give it a 3.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment