Saturday, August 14, 2010

Walking on Broken Glass by Christa Allen



So I am in the middle of a very big bbok right now so I went to my Goodreads books and picked a review from a book I read ear4lier this year to post. I was a great book too!!! Also check out my other pages as I have updated them so they all hvae somethig in them now!!! Enjoy.


** spoiler alert ** I won this book in a GoodReads giveaway and it is signed by the author Christa Allan.

This book is about a women named Leah Thorton, who is confronted by her best friend Molly about her alcoholism. With the encouragement from Molly, Leah make the decision to go to rehab and begin the road to sobriety. It is not an easy task to up and leave everything and was hard to explain the need to her husband Carl, who provided very little support in the matter.
During the 30 days in rehab ...more I won this book in a GoodReads giveaway and it is signed by the author Christa Allan.

This book is about a women named Leah Thorton, who is confronted by her best friend Molly about her alcoholism. With the encouragement from Molly, Leah make the decision to go to rehab and begin the road to sobriety. It is not an easy task to up and leave everything and was hard to explain the need to her husband Carl, who provided very little support in the matter.
During the 30 days in rehab Leah began to bond with others that shared similar addiction, began to open up and start to find the reasons why she did what she did and found God in her life again. She found that the drinking didn't really take away the feeling she had about losing her 6 week old daughter Alyssa and that drinking was the only way she cauld give Carl what he wanted all the time.Sex.
Just before Leah is ready to leave the centre, she finds that she is pregnant and gives her one more reason to stay sober. Leah begins to take control of her life again slowly but surely. She learns not to give in to Carl, she makes her own decisions without the influence of others and she sticks to the program. And there are also a few other little surprises along the way in this womens road to sobriety, self realization and her way to faith.

I really loved this book. The story was amazing and touching and well written and I would definately recommend this book. rated it 5/5 stars!!!

My favourite quote I would have to say is the quote that gave the book it's name: " He's grabbed my arm. His thumb and forefinger met at my bone. "Stop. Get away from here before you hurt yourself. You're barefooted. You can't walk on broken glass."
I yanked myself away and almost fell from the deliberateness. "Watch me" "




No comments:

Post a Comment