Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

So this is a book review I did a long time ago now it seems, but I was due for another book review and I haven't read something I felt worth posting for the last few books, So I have decided to post this review in light of the recent release of the third book in the series, Mockingjay, which I still have yet to read but am very excited for it!!!


The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really loved this book. I was tottalyy captivated from beginning to end. When I took it out of the library I hadn't even read the description I had only heard it was really good. Then I started reading it and was totally blown away. And the ending only left me wanting more. Katniss is one of my Favourite book character's now. The book brings true meaning to only the strongest survive and Katniss and Peeta are Survivors. I can't wait to read Catching fire to see how the relationship between the two unfold and when Gale is back in the picture.




Synopsis: Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

I would definately recommend this book!!!

Quotes: "We're going to be thrown into an arena to fight to the death. Exactly how am I supposed to work in a thank-you in there? Somehow it just won't seem sincere if I'm trying to slit his throat." (Katniss)

"You’ve got about as much charm as a dead slug." (Haymitch)

"I lie with my head in Peeta's lap, making a crown of flowers while he fiddles with my hair, claiming his practising his knots. after a while, his hands go still, "what?" i ask.
"I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now, and live in it forever" he says."

There are so many great lines in this book but these are just a few.




No comments:

Post a Comment